Brief Job Description
• Supports classroom under the supervision of the Lead Teacher.
• Assist with lesson planning and leading assigned activities.
• Assist in the supervision of all activities to always ensure the safety of each child.
• Work with the teacher to maintain a neat and organized classroom and assist in the maintenance of
equipment and materials as needed.
• Assist Lead Teacher in activities outside the classroom such as playground or field trips, as necessary.
• Communicate appropriate information to the classroom Lead Teacher and the Supervisory Teacher
• Communicate child concerns with classroom teacher and/or Supervisory Teacher prior to notifying
parents or guardians.
• Ensure professional communication and relationships with parents, families, and guardians.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Supervise nap time with the Lead Teacher by helping children rest if necessary and/or accomplish
work within the classroom if the children are resting comfortably.
• Assist in maintaining all relevant state Child Care Licensing requirements.
• Maintain prompt hours, notify the Supervisory Teacher/Director in the event of illness, maintain a
neat, clean, and appropriate appearance and work cooperatively with all staff.
• Willingness to continue education and attend Department of Social Services required trainings.
• Preforms miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Must pass pre-employment FBI/ SLED Criminal Background Check & Central Abuse Registry
Must have proof of High School Diploma or GED
Must have a minimum of 6 months experience in a licensed childcare facility.
Current CPR/ 1st Aid Certification preferred (must obtain within 3 months of date of hire).