Brief Job Description
• Assist multiple classrooms on an as needed basis
• Organize and participate in recreational activities
• Assist classroom teacher with keeping the classrooms orderly with all supplies available and ready for
assignments or activity time
• Organize and store toys and materials to ensure that classroom is neat
• Perform housekeeping duties such as helping students' clean tables, play areas etc.
• Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and
positive self-concepts: no degrading of students, or yelling at students
• Maintain accountability such as helping students care for their own belongings
• Observe students daily during outside play
• Assist with meals and snacks
• Preforms miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Must pass pre-employment FBI/ SLED Criminal Background Check & Central Abuse Registry
• Must have proof of High School Diploma or GED
• Must have a minimum of 6 months experience in a licensed childcare facility.
• Current CPR/ 1st Aid Certification preferred (must obtain within 3 months of date of hire).