Brief Job Description
• Provides nurturing care and helps to ensure the safety and welfare of the children and protects each
from physical or emotional harm. This includes performing all tasks with an appropriate level of
• Treats all children, families, and staff members with dignity and respect, and allow for individual
• Prepares and follows a curriculum based on developmentally appropriate practices that helps each
reach his/her fullest potential in all areas of development.
• Always supervises and interacts with children to include mealtimes, rest periods, diapering/restroom
times, playtimes, and activity times.
• Maintain appropriate communication with staff, children, and families always.
• Maintain an open, warm, and very professional relationship with all families.
• Willingness to continue education and attend Department of Social Services required trainings.
• Assist in maintaining all relevant state Child Care Licensing requirements.
• Preforms miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Must pass pre-employment FBI/ SLED Criminal Background Check & Central Abuse Registry
Must have proof of High School Diploma or GED
Must have four-year degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education; orAssociate Degree or CDA with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a childcare or preschool setting; or
Must have 4 years' experience in a childcare or preschool setting, with a minimum of 2 years in a licensed childcare facility with references, and course work.
Current CPR/ 1st Aid Certification preferred (must obtain within 3 months of date of hire).